.

I hope you enjoy sharing some of the experiences of a lifetime on my wonderful journey in Uganda, East Africa where I have been working as a volunteer with Soft Power Education teaching English to women in a rural community.
" How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank

I hope you enjoy sharing some of the experiences of a lifetime on my wonderful journey in Uganda, East Africa where I have been working as a volunteer with Soft Power Education teaching English to women in a rural community.

Since 2007 I have been spending six months of the year at home in Australia between Christmas and June, and six months of the year from June to December in my second home, Uganda in East Africa.

Wherever I am, you can contact me by email
Contact me by Email Email Me


My Journey
This is the story of my life changing experiences as a volunteer in Uganda.

My Emails
Read about my day to day life in Uganda in my weekly emails.

Uphill Nursery & Primary School
We are building a school

Penfriend Scheme
With 30 penfriendships between Australia and Uganda, we have enriched the lives of some very happy women in Uganda.

Volunteering
See how simple it is to have your own experience of a lifetime volunteering with Soft Power Education.

A Big Thank You
All the wonderful family and friends that have helped me and the people of the villages of Kyabirwa, Bujagali and Buwenda in Uganda.

Photo Gallery
Just a little glimpse at the beautiful country of Uganda and its people.

Tales of Village Life
Some special moments of my life in the village.

Where am I?
Find my second home on the map










Click on the names below if you're interested in reading about some not-for-profit organisations in Uganda close to my heart:
Soft Power Education
HUG - Help Us Grow
One Mama